Friday, January 28, 2011

Courage

I was doing what I do best (blog surfing... pathetic I realize) and I happened upon this blog
Be Different... Act Normal. And I found this video about life, venerability and courage. This women, Brene Brown, has spent years researching people and the way they live to come to this conclusion. I know that it is long (about 20 minuets) but if you do have the time please watch it.  I know that when you watch this you may think "I already knew this" or "Ya ya... it isn't that simple" but I say to you, maybe it is that simple.
To just stop.
To love deeper.
To start today to let the world know the real you, all the imperfections and scars.

I don't talk from experience but I say this as someone who is struggling to find out who I am. To let myself be seen. To breakdown those walls and let others in. It is hard. I'm not really sure how to do it but I'm going to keep trying. I know that now at this moment, I have a better understanding of myself. I can look into my life and say "Yeah, I see it. I can fix that." I have courage.

1 comment:

  1. yall are such a cute couple! stop by and check out our mark giveaway :) xo

    ReplyDelete