Monday, March 3, 2014

Being Mom


Being Madelyn’s mom is one of the hardest and best things that I have ever done. I don’t profess to know all the tricks; in fact I am completely clueless at what I am ‘suppose’ to do. But what I end up doing in the end is just following my heart and doing everything with love. I cannot put into words how much I love her. And I think that has made all the difference.

Don’t get me wrong, some days are so hard, ok most days are hard. She fights her naps and so by the end of the day she is cranky and only wants to be held. So I hold her and the dishes don’t get done and the pile of laundry only gets bigger.

Would I trade any of the seemingly unproductive days for a clean house and folded laundry? NO. You always hear that they grow up so fast and in these short 3 months I have found that true. My baby doesn’t seem to be much of a baby anymore. She decided one day, about a month and a half ago, that she only wants to be held facing out so she can see what is going on. No snuggling or cuddling. And it makes me sad some times that she is so independent so young. But there are other moments that make it ok.

Like when she started to smile at me. Getting her to give me that toothless grin is something I could do all day. And then she started making noises. I love hearing her little coos and gurgles. She is learning so much everyday and it is going by so fast. I wish time would move slower because I know that I will only get this time with her once. There will be other babies but Maddy will never be a baby again.
Although I am already missing my tiny Maddy burrito I am looking forward to all the many things that she will learn. I love being a mom and am so thankful I am Maddy's mom.

1 comment: